Thursday, December 10, 2009

CHANGE

[A PASSING MOMENT]

“Change is never easy, you fight to hold on, and you fight to let go.”

If the time stopped & you had the chance to hold onto everything you could ever hold onto, would you?

I would.

Change doesn`t come easy for most of us & I am one of those people. Change is something I will never get use to, especially since it involves putting yourself in a new environment, whether it be with people or places. I can`t say that change is a bad thing because sometimes it really isn`t; it can be a good thing too. From personal experience, I just can`t get use to the idea of letting go of the people I care most about. I know that letting go is the ultimate thing I can do for someone I love, but like I said, I suck at doing just that. Call me a cry baby or whatever, but I just can`t find the strength to let go. When I let go, it feels like I’m giving up and when it feels like I’m giving up, I lose hope. All I’m trying to say is time moves fast. Sometimes you get so caught up in doing your own things that you don’t actually realize how much time has passed already. For me, I caught on to this actualization yesterday when I was talking to a friend. It’s been three years since we graduated high school and one or two more years till we graduate college. After college, we’ll either continue with more schooling or look for a job, but some of us will go our separate ways in search of fulfilling our goals. In a few years, we might find the “one,” get married & start a family. And after that, we’ll look forward to seeing our own kids grow, graduate and repeat the same cycle in their own way, while we grow old watching time pass & changes take place. I know I make it sound like a fast process, but let’s be honest, time does move fast. Sometimes we’ll have a shorter time frame than others, while some have longer time frames. There’s nothing we can do about that because it’s ultimately in God’s hand and only He knows the “plan.” So then why do you we fight so hard to hold onto some things that we know we might have to let go? What`s the purpose of giving your all into something if you know it might fly away?
Because just maybe, we hope that it or they will come back. Because maybe if we give it our all, if we showered those things we cherished most with our devoted time and energy, then maybe the returning outcome will be worth it. Isn`t that what everyone hopes for?

Change.

Something we`ll never get use to because it’s a heart breaking process that can take so much out of you, but ultimately, it’ll be worth it…Right?

Think about it.

No comments: